With the change in Malaysian government there is an important bullet train project to be implemented with the collaboration of Japanese firms in spite of media rating this project to be shelved by the statement of PM Mahathir Mohamad but this project is an important project in coordination with the economy of south Asian countries which is free from encumbrances of China economy in influence trajectory with its economic growth, so this project between Singapore, Malaysia and Japan needs tripartite ponder again and the project shall take off in its wisdom as per the research team of Sagar media inc headed by Naresh Kumar Sagar.
Malaysia’s newly elected Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad said Monday he would cancel the undertaking approved by his predecessor, Najib Razak, the decision to a planned high-speed rail link from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore. This scrap means blindsided Japanese contractors looking to cash in on the $14.8 billion project.
The project was supposed to be completed by 2026 and make the 350km train trip in 90 minutes.
Bidders from Japan, China and Western nations were looking to land contracts that were to be awarded by the end of this year. A Japanese consortium including East Japan Railway and Sumitomo Corp. was hoping to export Japan’s acclaimed shinkansen technology.
“The consortium has not been able to make official contact with Malaysian authorities, so the true intentions are not known,” said a source close to the Japanese partnership.
Shinkansen technology is employed in Taiwan, and it will feature in the 500km high-speed line to open in India in 2023. But Japan’s high-speed rail industry is competing with CRRC, the world’s largest manufacturer of rolling stock leveraging low costs in a crowded market. The Asia-Pacific rail market averaged 58.9 billion euros ($67.9 billion) between 2019 and 2021, according to Japan’s Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.
Moreover, high-speed rail projects often face challenges and have failed in the past in other countries, said a person close to a rolling stock manufacturer. Projects in Mexico, Venezuela and Brazil come to mind.
“Because of the prevailing risks, I would proceed cautiously,” said the source close to the Japanese consortium.
UN Environment Chief Erik Solheim arrives in India for World Environment Day celebrations:
30 May 2018:
What: As India prepares to host the global celebrations for World Environment Day, UN Environment Chief Erik Solheim arrives in the country to participate in a series of events across the country to address the scourge of plastic pollution and other environmental initiatives.
In Mumbai on May 31, Mr. Solheim will join the Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Devendra Fadnavis in kick-starting the state’s ambitious e-mobility policy. The Government of Maharashtra, the Energy Efficiency Services Limited and UN Environment will sign an agreement paving the way for close collaboration on the leasing of e-vehicles for the state government. The partners will also flag off self-drive e-car rental start-up Zoomcar India Pvt. Ltd which aims to expand e-vehicles use in the state with Mahindra and Mahindra. While in India’s financial hub, Mr. Solheim will also interact with leading Chief Executive Officers to discuss the role of industry in tackling plastic pollution and innovating to a circular economy.
On June 1, Mr. Solheim will travel to Hyderabad where he will visit the Infosys Information Technology Special Economic Zone, one of the greenest corporate campuses anywhere in the world. Through a series of innovations, the company has slashed electricity consumption, pioneered energy efficient buildings and deployed renewable technologies like biogas and solar. From there, the UN Environment Chief will travel to meet with Mr. KT Rama Rao, Cabinet Minister for the State for Information Technology, Municipal Administration and Urban Development and discuss efforts by the city to go single-use plastic-free.
On June 2, Mr. Solheim will travel to Andhra Pradesh, where the government will launch a scale-out plan to transition 6 million farms/farmers cultivating 8 million hectares of land from conventional synthetic chemical agriculture to Zero-Budget Natural Farming by 2024, making Andhra Pradesh India’s first 100% natural farming state. The official launch of the programme marks an unprecedented commitment by the state to promote the scale-out of climate-resilient, regenerative agriculture in a broader effort to transform and protect local food systems and long-term well-being of farmers.
On June 3, Mr Solheim will visit New Delhi for official talks, and then Agra, and hear new commitments on keeping the home of the iconic Taj Mahal free of single-use plastic pollution.
In New Delhi on June 4, Mr Solheim will join India’s State Environment Ministers for a conference covering the environmental challenges India and the world are facing, including on the World Environment Day theme of plastic pollution.
On June 5, a series of events are planned in New Delhi, with the participation of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. More information on the day’s programme to follow.
Opportunity: UN Environment is inviting members of the press to join and cover Mr. Solheim’s visit. Arrangements for interviews made upon request.
Date/time: 31 May 2018, 9 am onwards
To discuss coverage possibilities and for more information please contact:
Stefan Smith: + 91 9867081730, email@example.com
Nandita Surendran: + 91 9810084776; firstname.lastname@example.org
29 May 2018 | Edition: 282
29 May 2018
UN Secretary-General’s Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development (UNSGSA) visits Meerut
Queen Maxima of Netherlands, in her capacity as the UN Secretary-General’s Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development (UNSGSA) was in Meerut to visit the customers of Aye Finance, a leading fintech lender to the micro and small entrepreneurs in India.
MSME financing has always been a key priority for the Queen and the purpose of her visit was to understand how Aye Finance was bringing this critical sector of our economy in to the inclusive folds of organized lending by providing an affordable line of credit.
Her Majesty has been a Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development since 2009 and since then she has been a global voice advancing universal access to affordable, effective, and safe financial services. Aye Finance was founded in 2014 with a commitment to provide innovative and customer-centric financial services to micro and small businesses and power their growth into the new-age India, and since then it has enabled the inclusion of 60,000 such enterprises into the mainstream of the economy.
Tuesday morning Her Majesty travelled from Delhi to Meerut to meet Aye’s customers, who belong to the sports manufacturing cluster of the city. Aye’s founders, Mr. Sanjay Sharma and Mr. Vikram Jetley briefed her on their unique “Cluster Based Credit Assessment” methodology to underwrite the risk of lending to these bottom of the pyramid businesses. These businesses have been traditionally ignored by the Banks and financial institutions as they do not maintain formal books of accounts and seldom have credit histories making the assessment of their credit worthiness a challenge and there by stunting their growth. Aye Finance has innovated on deriving lending insights from alternate data from its markets and deploys low cost mobility and cloud based technologies to reach out to these thriving albeit underserved micro businesses.
Over the past few years, Her Majesty has emphasized on the potential of mobile and digital technology as a strong enabler for financial inclusion. Aye showcased its customer mobile app “mAye” which is helping its customers run their business more efficiently by recording business data in a structured manner and gaining insights on their businesses.
Queen Maxima interacted with three of Aye’s customers who manufacture cricket equipment. They advised her about their aspirations and how Aye has helped by providing adequate finance to grow their businesses. She interacted with their women workers also and was happy to see them being equal partners in these businesses.
The 50 million micro enterprises in India have the potential to uplift the Indian Economy and bring a positive social dividend across a large segment of its population. Inclusion of these enterprises in the formal economy is a governmental priority and is expected to help the Country transition to an economic powerhouse.
National Information Officer
United Nations Information Centre
for India and Bhutan
55, Lodi Estate, New Delhi 110003
Tel: 91 11 46532237
LG of Delhi :Police Complaint Authority – Not Enough for Criminal Minded Police
May28, 2018 (C) Ravinder Singh email@example.com
Honorable Lt. Governor,
Shri Anil Baijal,
NCT Of Delhi.
CC to Commissioner of Police, DP
Police Complaint Authority – Not Enough for Criminal Minded Police
ü PCA to Have Supervisory & Advisory Role Than A Trial Court.
What is Solely Missing in our LEGAL SYSTEM is that though India has Both Criminal & Civil Branches of Judiciary – but for some strange reason ‘Criminal Cases Are Registered As Civil Cases and Civil Cases are Registered as Criminal Cases’ WHEN BOTH CIVIL & CRIMINAL ACTS ARE PRESENT IN EACH CASE – LIKE FORGERY OF DOCUMENTS, CHEATING IN CIVIL MATTERS. Whereas in matters of OJ Simpson of USA or Oscar Pistorius of SA were tried for both Civil & Criminal Liabilities.
In Supreme Court SLP(C) 28441 of 2008 – A Poor Farmer and A Businessman entered in to ‘EXCHANGE DEED’ – while Businessman got 2.5 Acres of Land of Farmer in Gurdaspur village transferred in his name but the Farmer when wanted 5 Acres of Land in Exchange in Uttarakhand to be Transferred in his name – found the Documents to be Fake or Forged.
Purely a CHEATING CASE was Tried in CIVIL COURTS FOR 12 YEARS from Tehsil to District to High Court and Supreme Court.There were 50 FIGHTS & Police Cases at the time of Sowing & Harvesting and Construction Activity – Police didn’t register it asCHEATING CASE in 12 Years which was a Cheating Case from day one.
A Police Officer was simply required to ‘Register an FIR Against Businessman’ to Resolve the matter Peacefully at No Cost to Victim.
When I was responsible for SECURITY of CPWD’s largest store serving 50% of India in 1976 – a JE of Rashtrapati Bhawan whispered – ‘All The Lamps Procured Last Month Had Fused’ – in less a second I added three more words ‘Please Issue GOOD QUALITY LAMPS’which were all Certified to be of Good Quality by ISI and DGS&D. No Substandard Goods were allowed in CPWD stores thereafter for many years even after I left.
PCA – LAMEDUCK AUTHORITY – LIMITED POWERS
NO ADVISORY OR SUPERVISORY ROLE.
Sir it is Great Idea to Have ‘Police Complaint Authority’ led by retiredHigh Court Judge, Retired IAS and Retired IPS and some Prominent Citizen but –
Their Powers Are Limited to Admit ‘Criminal Acts of Police Force of Delhi’ But Not Cases Where Delhi Police GUIDE & HELP CRIMINALS and Seems to EXCLUDE –
ü Millions of Cases Where Delhi Police ‘Help Criminals Of All Kinds Including Serial or Habitual Criminals from Pick-Pockets to Land Mafia By Letting Them Go Free By Not Registering FIRs or Lame Duck FIR for Bribes.’
ü Delhi Police is JERSEY Cow for Criminals – Victims get Dung.
ü PCA Should Work As A ‘Supervisory & Advisory’ Institution than Trial Court with Simple Complaint Filing Procedure, Forward Cases to Independent Investigating Agency like CBI.
ü Provide for DISTRICT POLICE COMPLAINT AUTHORITY attached to Each District Police Office.
ü IPS Officers to Monitor 100 Help Line Complaints and Meet Victims from 10AM to 5PM every day.
Ravinder Singh, Inventor & Consultant, INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES AND PROJECTS
Y-77, Hauz Khas, ND -110016, India. Ph: 091- 8826415770, 9871056471, 9650421857
Ravinder Singh* is a WIPO awarded inventor specializing in Power, Transportation,
Smart Cities, Water, Energy Saving, Agriculture, Manufacturing, Technologies and Projects
Conference & Awards 2018
23 August, 2018 | 18.99 ° Latitude, Lower Parel, Mumbai Dear Colleague, After the resounding success of Masters of Modern Marketing Conference & Awards 2017 in New Delhi, the program is well poised to enthrall the Indian Marketing fraternity with the 2018 edition in the city of Mumbai. The prestigious event offers multifarious opportunities for marketing enterprises and professionals. If you wish to leverage the influence and popularity of the mCube Awards in the Industry, you can choose one or more of the following options to participate:
|1.||Submit your case-studies as nominations for the coveted Awards. There are over 60 awards to be given away across 6 major categories.|
|2.||Sponsor the event/session to explore unparalleled marketing opportunities through targeted communication, media campaigns, on-event branding and speaking opportunity, among others.|
|3.||Partner with the event for a collaborative, synergized approach to market visibility.|
|4.||Book your tickets to attend the Gala Event.|
|5.||Suggest a Speaker/Topic for the Panel Sessions/Keynote Address.|
Masters of Modern Marketing Awards, popularly known as the mCube (M3) Awards, is the premier marketing program in India. The initiative has been designed and developed with the idea of providing an industry platform to acknowledge the exemplary work being done in the marketing space by advertising agencies, brands across sectors, startup enterprises as well as individual leaders and professionals. Masters of Modern Marketing Awards will also serve as a forum where marketing veterans as well as young turks from India Inc. will come together to discuss the key trends in the industry along with advanced technologies and methodologies being adopted to disrupt the traditional ecosystem. For more details, please visit: www.mcubeawards.com. Feel free to reach out to me should you have any queries. Regards, Warm Regards,
Marketing and Alliances
+91 9953546490 | firstname.lastname@example.org
https://mCubeAwards.com Blog: https://inkspell.co.in/blogs/
Marketing and Alliances
+91 9953546490 | email@example.com
https://mCubeAwards.com Blog: https://inkspell.co.in/blogs/
Global Benchmarking helps National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO) double its Net Profit
NALCO registers more than 100% growth from Rs.1342 crore in 2017-18 against Rs.669 crore last year
On achieving the global benchmark of low cost producer in Bauxite Mining and Alumina making, National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO), a Navratna PSU under Ministry of Mines, Government of India, has proved its mettle by registering high in terms of both physical and financial performances.
According to the audited financial results for 2017-18, taken on record by the Board of Directors in a meeting held here on 26thMay 2018, during the Financial Year 2017-18, NALCO has registered more than 100% growth i.e., Rs. 1342.19 crore against Rs. 669crore in previous year. In 4th quarter the Company has earned a net profit of Rs.257.06crore. During the year, NALCO was the third highest net Foreign Exchange Earning CPSE in the Country. The Net sales turnover for the year is Rs. 9,377 crore (highest ever since inception) registering a growth of 26 % over last year. Export earning of Rs. 4,076 crore also highest ever since inception registering a growth of 12 % over last year.
Speaking on this achievement of the company, Dr. Tapan Kumar Chand, CMD, NALCO, said, “Year 2017-18 has been a very rewarding year for NALCO on all fronts. We are looking beyond earning just profits. We have improved on all parameters – record production, highest sales and turnover. While focusing on the present, we are ensuring we don’t lose sight of what the future holds. We are introducing a Game Changing Business Model that will bring additional Rs.935 crore net profit to the Company. The model provides for focusing operation of Utkal-D, end of 2nd Qtr 2019, commissioning of 1 million tonne of Alumina Refinery, setting up of Wire Rod Mill 3, bringing into stream Caustic Soda Plant, CT Pitch Plant, etc.
Dr. Chand pitched for support to Mother Plant like NALCO for achieving global competitiveness and Mother Plant in turn to promote employment and employability eco system. He cited Angul Aluminium Park as a concrete step for setting up employment ecosystem. He also informed that NALCO is making tie up with ALMEX of USA to set up high end value products. NALCO will also be promoting micro & small industries in downstream through a cash less model of providing aluminium ingot and taking back finished products for marketing by NALCO. Such hand holding by NALCO is bound to make these micro & small industries viable and thereby creating substantial number of employment and warming up business environment in Odisha. While congratulating NALCO Collective for the stellar performance, Dr. Chand also informed about the new projects in pipeline and the company’s growth plans.
- NALCO has been rated as the lowest cost producer of alumina in the World consecutively for the 2 years i.e. 2016 & 2017 as per report of Wood Mackenzie.
- Panchpatmali Bauxite mines of NALCO rated as the 2nd lowest cost producer in the World in 2017 as per report of Wood Mackenzie;aiming to become the lowest in FY 2018-19.
- Bauxite Mines (North-Central block of Panchpatmali Mines) achieved 100% capacity utilization with transportation (production) of 68.25 lakh MT for second successive year.
Bauxite transportation (production) from new mine i.e. South block of Panchpatmali Mines started in 4thquarter of FY 2017-18. Transportation from South block is 2 lakh MT and combined transportation of both the Mines is 70.25 lakh MT, highest ever since inception.
- Alumina Refineryachieved 100% normative capacity (i.e. 21 lakh MT) in successive years with production of 21.06 Lakh MT Alumina Hydrate. 5th Turbo Generator of Steam Generation Plant commissioned.
- Aluminium Smelter production consistently increasing over the last 5 years and achieved highest cast metal production of 4.26 lakh MT (in last 5 years), registering a growth of 9.8 % over last year.
- CPP achieved ‘Net Power Generation’ of 6,547 MU, registering a growth of 7.9 % over previous year.
- Wind Power: 4 wind power units at different location of the Country generated 252 MU against 206 MU last year, registering a growth of 22 %.
- Five Star Rating for Panchpatmali Bauxite Mines by Ministry of Mines for 2nd consecutive year.
- SCOPE Award of Excellence in Institutional category (Navratna/Maharatna) & SCOPE Meritorious Award for CSR from Hon’ble President of India.
- National Energy Conservation Award in Aluminium Sector for the year 2017 from Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE).
- In FY 2017-18, NALCO achieved highest net profit in last 10 years of Rs. 1342crore against Rs. 669crore in previous year.
- Third highest Net Foreign Exchange Earning CPSE in the Country.
- The Net sales turnover for the year is Rs. 9,377 crore (highest ever since inception) registering a growth of 26 % over last year. Export earning of Rs. 4,076 crore also highest ever since inception registering a growth of 12 % over last year.
- For 2017-18 an interim dividend of 94% amounting to Rs. 908 crore paid, out of which Rs. 547 crore paid to Govt. of India. This is the highest ever dividend declared by the Company.
- Contribution to Public exchequers: Till FY 2016-17, Rs. 27,468 crore towards taxes, duties, royalties, dividend etc. out of which Rs. 21,552 crore paid to Central Govt. and Rs. 5,916 crore paid to State Govt.
- CAPEX: Continuous increase in CAPEX expenditure in last 3 years. In FY 2017-18 there is 23.5% increase in CAPEX over last year.
Projects under Execution:
- 1 MTPA capacity 5th Stream Alumina Refinery brownfield project at existing Alumina Refinery at Damanjodi Estimated project cost: Rs. 5,540 cr, Expected Completion: April, 2021
- Development of Pottangi bauxite mines at Koraput, Odisha.Project cost included in 5th stream Refinery, Expected Completion: April,2022
- Development ofUtkal D&E coal mines at Angul, Odisha. Estimated project cost: Rs. 534 cr, Expected Completion:Utkal-D: FY 2019-20, Utkal-E: FY 2022-23
- Upstream Integration: 2.7 Lakh TPA Caustic soda plant in JV with Gujarat Alkalies& Chemicals Limited (GACL) at Dahej, Gujarat. Estimated project cost: Rs. 1,999 cr, Expected Completion: 2020
- Downstream Integration: Angul Aluminium Park in JV with IDCO at Angul, Odisha to promote downstream & ancillary industries.Estimated project cost: Rs. 100 cr, Expected Starting: FY 2019-20
- 60,000 MTPA capacity Alloy wire rod plant at its Smelter in Angul to produce more value added products. Estimated project cost: Rs. 131 cr, Expected Completion: September, 2019
- Renewable Energy Projects:Two wind power plant of 25 MW capacity each in Tamilnadu. Estimated project cost: Rs.310cr, Expected Completion: Plant 1: FY 2018-19, Plant 2: FY 2019-20.
- Efficiency Improvement Project:HRD- DCW in place of existing settler- washer at stream- 1,2,3 of Alumina Refinery to improve productivity and efficiency. Estimated project cost: Rs. 355 cr, Expected Completion:FY 2020-21.
- Establishment 6 lakh TPA brownfield Smelters in Odisha
- Establishment 6 lakh TPA greenfield Smelters in Odisha
- 1320 MW Thermal power plant at Angul Odisha
- Cluster of downstream units of Rolled Products / Foil / Wheel / Extrusion
- KABIL (KhanijBidesh India Limited): JV Company with HCL and MECL to identify, acquire, develop, process and make commercial use of strategic minerals in overseas locations for supply in India.
- JV Company with MIDHANI for establishment of high end aluminium alloy manufacturing plant for meeting the requirement of defence, aerospace, automotive and transport sector.
- Upstream Integration: CT Pitch plant in JV with NINL in Odisha
- To face the challenges of ever evolving market and position the Company in a sustainable growth path, a new Corporate plan with a new vision has been developed and rolled out in Jan’18 with well-defined 3 year action plan, 7 year strategy & 15 years vision of being a Premier and Integrated company in the Aluminium value chain with strategic presence in Mining both domestic & global, Metals and Energy sectors.
- It provides a roadmap for multi-fold growth in revenue to the sum of Rs.18, 171 cr and Rs.31,248cr by the year 2024 & 2032 respectively.
Research & Development:
- During FY 2017-18, four (4) patents have been granted in the name of NALCO. Till date, total patent filed are 35 out of which fifteen (15) patent granted and five (5) patent commercialized.
- The first of its kind in the world, nano based Emrion technology Defluoridation Plant for treating effluent water of smelter plant and making it potable achieved success at commercial scale.
- Waste to wealth creation: Gallium from spent liquor, iron from red mud are some of the frontline projects the company is spearheading in this direction for commercial success.
Corporate Social Responsibility:Wealth to Welfare
The CSR Expenditure for the year 2017-18 is Rs. 29 cr against the target of Rs. 27.88 cr.
Health Care: 2 full-fledged Hospitals and 8 Mobile Health Units accessible to people of periphery villages benefiting more than one lakh patients every year. Construction of modern Eye Hospital at Angul is in progress.Construction of Night Shelter in AIIMS, Bhubaneswar for attendant of indoor patients and OPD patients availing long term treatment.
- Indradhanush:Till date 855 poor & tribal children from Maoist-infested Villages of Koraput sponsored for free residential education in reputed schools.
- ‘BetiBachao, BetiPadhao’:‘NALCO kiLadli’: Total 277 meritorious girl students of BPL category benefitted till date under the scheme, with financial assistance. Plans underway to take this initiative to Pan-India level.
- ODF Village: 2 villages completed in Koraput district. Another 9 villages of Angul and Koraputdistricts taken up for make it ODF.
- Mobile Medical Unit :5 in Angul & 4 in Damanjodi footfall morethan one lakh
- PM’s Iconic Shrine Development Programme:
- 13 projects have been taken up at Shri Jagannath Temple, Puri & surrounding to upgrade the infrastructure & maintain cleanliness.
- Complete LED illumination of the Jagannath temple done. Both side walls of VIP road, Puri beautified with thematic painting based on Jagannath culture.
- Renovation and beautification of Gandhi Park taken up to encourage eco-tourism.
- Installation of clean water posts at different strategic location of Puri and renovation of museum inside Jagannath Temple is taken up.
- Launch of battery-operated vehicle service free of cost for senior citizens, differently-abled passengers and sick people at Puri railway station.
- Skill India initiatives of GoI:
- 428 local youth have been placed in various job roles by skilling them.
- A Centre of Excellence for Skill Developmentwith simulator facility is being established at Bhubaneswar.
Dear Media Friends..
Famous Bollywood playback and folk singer Kalpana Patowarywill be available for Media Interaction Today at 6 PM.Followed by Film screening of ‘Life of an Outcast’Venue – Film Division Auditorium, Mahadev Road, Sansad Marg area, New Delhi – 110001Time for interaction – 6 PM On wards ..For more information, please contact :Vinod Viplav :Mobile: +91 9013074414/ + 91 9868793203