Nksagar-Sagar Media Inc:New Delhi:
Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Managing Committee’s (DSGMC) proposal to construct a huge underground parking structure at Gurudwara Rakab Ganj Sahib at a colossal cost of Rs.335 Crores, needs deliberate analysis and review. It would be prudent for the August Body, to take into consideration following aspects:-
· Only on few occasions including Gurpurabs, in a year, Gurudwara Rakab Ganj Sahib draws large congregation. The problem of parking then gets accentuated with vehicles spilling over, to all the adjoining roads. It causes great inconvenience to the Sangat and generates public annoyance, to tarnishing our image and community earns a ‘Bad Name’.
· On routine days, number of pilgrims/ devotees visiting the sacred venue is limited, requiring parking space for not more than 50-60 vehicles.
· Parking for special functions, could be arranged, in collaboration with civic authorities at Talkatora garden and Boat Club Parking lot. The space at Bangla Sahib could also be utilized. Management could interface a ‘Park and Ride’ Shuttle service with such arrangements.
· Plans for a large underground parking at Rakab Ganj Sahib could therefore, be revised by DSGMC and its capacity reduced. So as to meet only the routine requirements.
The scheme for beautification of surroundings, in Gurudwara Rakab Ganj Sahib, however must be taken in hand, on the lines as at Bangla Sahib. Also, plans should cater for optimum utilization of vast spaces at Gurudwara Rakab Ganj Sahib to provide such facilities which would meet the present and future needs of the community such as-:
Ø Provisioning of a state of Art auditorium (as one in Islamic Cultural Centre) for the conduct of meetings, talks, seminars and intellectual discourses on Sikh history, culture and heritage. No such facility, as of now, exists.
Ø To provide a guest room well equipped with modern facilities to accommodate delegates, for participation in Seminars etc. A cafeteria could be co-located.
Ø To establish a State of the Art dispensary/polyclinic / diagnostic Centre. Also, public conveniences (bathroom / toilets) in three/four blocks located at easily accessible places, in each parts of the complex to meet the needs of Sangat particularly during Dewans.
Ø To establish a reference Library with modern facilities.
Ø To construct ten, well equipped classrooms/ small lecture halls for the conduct of courses, workshops to impart training to our youth in varied disciplines.
· Preparation for Central Government Services Examinations
· Computer Data Processing, training classes.
· Artificers training as tradesmen.
· Professional training of Granthis and Ragies. They could be graded for their competence and issued with merit certificates.
· Centre for nurses training for girls.
All these facilities would pay handsome dividends for the Development of our Community.
Modernisation of existing Cook House and Langar Hall could be also be considered.
The proposal to collect Donations “Worldwide” is commended. This would go a long way to create sense of involvement and cohesion in the community. Utilization of such funds should better be entrusted to an autonomous body, nominated by DSGMC.
The learned members of DSGMC are requested to take an objective view of these constructive and productive suggestions, rather than to invest vast resources (crores of rupees) and energies of the communities in creating an assets which would remain dormant for most part of the year.
In view thereof, in the considered opinion of The Sikh Forum, it would be prudent to defer the project viz. ‘Construction of huge Parking Space’ at Gurudwara Rakab Ganj Sahib and plans revised to provide assets of optimum utility by the community for its development and growth.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Italy breaks up Chinese ‘transport mafia’ ON JANUARY 19, 2018 BY NARESH SAGAR LEAVE A COMMENT EDIT Italian law enforcement agenci...
GOVT RAID ON FISCAL CORRUPTION & TERROR FUND Posted on June 3, 2017 Home Minister Rajnath Singh today assured that government wi...
“NAKSHE” PORTAL LAUNCHED BY DR. HARSH VARDHAN ON 250TH ANNIVERSARY OF SURVEY OF INDIA Posted on April 10, 2017 “nakshe” Portal lau...
GOVERNMENT TO REVIVE NORTH KOEL IRRIGATION PROJECT Posted on April 8, 2017 Centre has decided to revive the North Koel Irrigation pr...