Conference on Regulating Sports Betting and Sports Law
12-13 Oct, 2013
FICCI, Federation House, New Delhi
Absence of effective regulation has led to the menace of unregulated sports betting, sporting fraud and doping amongst others. Moreover, money laundering, growing illegal and criminal activities in sports have created a new need for effective regulation and greater understanding of how the law can tackle sporting fraud and promote sports development.
To discuss various issues engulfing sports and to create awareness on international trends in Sports Law, FICCI in association with Commonwealth Lawyers Association is organizing this conference on Regulating Sports Betting and Sports Law on 12-13 Oct, 2013 at Federation House, New Delhi.
The objective of this conference is to discuss and understand the intricacies involved inregulating Sports Betting and Lottery in India and to understand international trends to curb sporting fraud with the help of regulatory structure and courts.
Following are few of the confirmed speakers:
· Mr. Kapil Sibal, Hon’ble Minister of Law, Govt. of India
· Mr. Soli Sorabjee, Former Attorney General of India
· Justice Mukul Mudgal (Retd.), Hon’ble Chief Justice, Punjab and Haryana High Court
· Mr. Mohan Parasaran, Solicitor General of India
· Mr. Arun Jaitley, Vice President (North), Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)
· Mr. Mike O’ Kane, Trading Director, Ladbrokes
· Mr. Ed Hawkins, Author of Book Bookie Gambler Fixer Spy: A Journey To The Corrupt Heart Of Cricket’s Underworld
· Mr. KTS Tulsi, Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India
· Mr. Carl A. Rohsler, Partners, Squire Sanders (UK), LLP
· Mr. Stephen G. Townley, Senior Partner, Townley Law Firms, USA
· Mr. Graeme Mew, FCIARB Advocate, Arbitrator and Mediator, Clyde and Co.
We are expecting representatives from different Ministries, Industry captains, Indian and international experts on sports betting and law to take part in this conference.
We would be pleased to have you with us as at this very important event. Please find attached the detailed programme and registration forms.
Please Note :-There are limited seats available. You can confirm your registration by sending the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
With best regards,