Sunday, July 12, 2015

EURO-GROUP ADJOURNS ON UNFINISHED GREECE DEAL

Dutch Finance Minister and Eurogroup President Jeroen Dijsselbloem (2nd L) gestures as he talks to ministers during a euro zone finance ministers meeting in Brussels, Belgium, July 11, 2015 (Reuters / Francois Lenoir)
Eurozone finance ministers has adjourned until morning without reaching any conclusion on the Greek bailout deal, with issues of “credibility and trust” discussed as well as Athens’ financial crisis risking its Eurozone membership.
“We had an in-depth discussion of Greek proposals, the issue of credibility and trust was discussed, and also of course financial issues involved. But we have not concluded our discussions, so we will continue at 11:00am,” the president of the Eurogroup Jeroen Dijsselbloem told journalists late Saturday.
“It is still very difficult, but work is still in progress,” the Dutch finance minister added, refusing to share any details of the negotiations.
Meanwhile the Maltese PM Joseph Muscat, who is due to attend a eurozone summit in Brussels, predicted that Sunday “will be a long day.”
The Eurogroup has been convening for more than seven hours, but the negotiations have produced no results, as the eurozone seems to lack “trust” in Athens ability and willingness to implement reforms needed to keep the economy afloat.
Creditors want “more specific and binding commitments” from the Greek government, a European official at the talks told AP, adding that Athens’ proposals are “too little, too late.”

​Iran nuke deal ‘within reach’ on Sunday – official

A nuclear deal between Iran and the P5+1 group – the US, Britain, France, Germany, Russia, and China – is“within reach” on Sunday, a senior Iranian official told Reuters.“The deal is within reach today, but some issues remain that need to be resolved by foreign ministers,” he said. US Secretary of State John Kerry added there are still“tough” issues to overcome. “I think we’re getting to some real decisions,” Kerry said, “So I will say, because we have a few tough things to do, I remain hopeful.”

Notorious drug lord makes 2nd escape from Mexico top security prison

Top Mexican drug lord Joaquin `El Chapo’ Guzman has escaped from a high security prison outside Mexico City for the second time, AP reports citing Mexico’s security commission. Guznam, who headed the powerful Sinaloa Cartel, was last seen near the Altiplano prison’s showers, the commission’s statement says. A search operation is ongoing in the area and flights have been suspended at the local Toluca airport. Guzman was imprisoned in February 2014.

​Israel releases Palestinian after 55-day hunger strike

Israel has released Palestinian medic Khader Adnan, a senior member of Islamic Jihad, who had been detained without charges for over a year. The release comes after a 55-day hunger strike, which Adnan ended two weeks ago on a promise to set him free. His earlier 66-day hunger strike drew attention to the Israeli practice of administrative detention, which allows for keeping prisoners in custody without any charges and which Israel claims is necessary to fight terrorism.

​Senior leader of Tunisia Al-Qaeda affiliate killed- official

A senior leader of an Al-Qaeda-linked group in Tunisia has been killed, along with four other jihadists by security forces during a raid, presidential spokesman Moez Sinaoui wrote on Twitter. “The DNA test just confirmed that Mourad Gharsalli wshotot dead yesterday [Friday],” in Gafsa province, central Tunisia, Sinaoui said. The 32-year-old Gharsalli was one of the leaders of the Okba Ibn Nafaa Brigades, the country’s radical group responsible for a series of attacks, including the massacre at the Tunisian Bardo National Museum in March that killed 21 foreign tourists and a policeman.

Benghazi death toll reaches 19 as fighting between Libyan army and Islamists continues

At least 19 people are dead, and more than 80 have been injured in three days of renewed skirmishes in the Libyan city of Benghazi, local medical staff have reported. For the past year, the hub area has been a battleground between government troops, and Islamist militias, which officials say are being helped stage new attacks by Islamic State. “Special forces, supporting units and youth from the area have stopped a major assault,” government special forces commander Wanis Bukhamada told Reuters.“These are the most violent clashes since fighting started. We still control the main junctions but have lost soldiers and volunteers during this battle.”

Shootings, bombs in Baghdad kill at least 11

At least 11 people were killed in a series of shootings and bomb blasts in the Iraqi capital of Baghdad on Saturday, medical officials told AP on condition of anonymity. Three roadside bombs, which targeted an army convoy southeast of Baghdad, exploded simultaneously. At least four soldiers were killed and nine wounded in the assault. Two people died when a bomb exploded near a local market south of Baghdad, while police confirm a gunman killed two more people in a northeastern suburb of the capital. Three more people lost their lives when a blast went off near a fruit and vegetable market north of Baghdad.

​High-ranking Vatican child sex defendant taken to hospital

A former Catholic archbishop, who stands accused of child sex offenses, was taken to hospital on Friday just ahead of the opening of his trial. Jozef Wesolowski is in intensive care, but the court hearing started in his absence. The 66-year-old, who has been under arrest since September last year, is the first high-ranking Vatican official to stand trial on sex charges after Pope Francis changed the Church rules to hold clergy accountable for such crimes.

​Iran nuclear negotiators ‘still have issues to resolve’ State Sec. Kerry

International negotiators discussing a comprehensive nuclear deal with Iran in Vienna still have issues to resolve, US State Secretary John Kerry tweeted after meeting his Iranian counterpart Javad Zarif and EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini. The talks are days past the deadline and the parties have reportedly failed to agree on a roadmap for lifting sanctions onTehran.

Blast kills at least 4 in Chad capital – witness

An explosion occurred at the central market in Chad’s capital N’Djamena, according to witnesses, one of whom told Reuters that at least four dead bodies could be see lying on the ground. No one has yet claimed responsibility for the attack. Similar bombings in the past were believed to have been carried out by Boko Haram Islamists based in neighboring Nigeria. Less than a month ago, two suicide bombers on motorcycles killed around 40 people in N’Djamena.

​Israeli surveillance plane crashed in Tripoli sea port- Lebanese army

An Israeli surveillance plane crashed into the seaport in the northern coastal city of Tripoli, the Lebanese army said in a statement, cited by Reuters. According to witnesses and security sources, the plane was a drone and it ditched in the sea.
Study Class at Delhi Theosophical federation —

Study Class at Delhi Theosophical federation

Study Class at Delhi Theosophical federation
Dear Brother,
 
As conveyed by Bro Narayanan, the matter regarding holding of a Study Class at Delhi Federation was discussed with Federation President & Secretary. It has been decided to hold the Study Class on 4th & 5th September 2015 on the topic of Lectures';s choice.It has also been decided that outstation delegates can stay from  afternoon of 4th September till afternoon of 6th September. A nominal Registration fee of Rs 50.00 & Meals charges of Rs 300.00 will be charged.The total amount of Rs 350/- can be deposited by the delegates after their arrival. However outstation delegates must intimate atleast a fortnight before their scheduled arrival, to Bro M.L.Khatri. For further details the following office bearers can be contacted:
 
President-Dr  D.K.Satsangi: 9718599152
Secretary-Bro M.L.Khatri:     8802432622
 
Please publish these contents in the July-August issue of Indian Theosophist, if it is acceptable to you.
 
Fraternally Yours,
 
V.K.Taneja
Mob: +919810523757
ॐ सह नाववतु, सह नौ भुनक्तु, सह वीर्यं करवावहै|
तेजस्विनावधीतमस्तु मा विद्विषावहै॥
ॐ शान्तिः!शान्तिः!शान्तिः॥
Hillary Clinton: Democracy can’t be just for billionaires and corporations. —

 ‘Deplorable’ attack on PM at Srebrenica

Aleksandar Vucic, Serbia's prime minister, center, is seen during a scuffle at the Potocari memorial complex near Srebrenica, 150 kilometers northeast of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Saturday, July 11, 2015. (Marko Drobnjakovic/AP)

 Aleksandar Vucic, Serbia’s prime minister
Bodyguards use umbrella to protect Serbia’s Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic during unrest at a ceremony marking the 20th anniversary of the Srebrenica massacre in Potocari, near Srebrenica, Bosnia and Herzegovina July 11, 2015.
Belgrade has submitted an official note of protest and demanded an investigation after prime minister Aleksandar Vucic was attacked during a commemoration of the massacre in Srebrenica two decades ago.
“Serbia’s Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic has shown by his presence the readiness to bow his head to Srebrenica victims and stepped forward to improve relations both with the region and the whole country. We expect public condemnation from officials of Bosnia and Herzegovina of Serbia’s prime minister’s attempted assassination,” said the diplomatic note.
Vucic, a former hardline nationalist who has softened his stance in recent years, was forced to escape the ceremony, centered on the interment of 136 victims of the massacre, after a Bosnian Muslim crowd holding banners began to pelt him with stones and bottles.
The politician, who had his glasses broken by a stone that hit him in the face, said the incident was“pre-meditated.”
The tri-partite Bosnian government expressed the “deepest regret” over the assault, saying Vucic had come “in the spirit of reconciliation and with the intention of paying respects.”
“Those who provoked today’s incident did not just attack Vucic, they also desecrated the religious burial of the victims and embarrassed Bosnian Muslims,” said a statement from Bosnia’s leading Muslim party, SDA.
UN Deputy Secretary-General Jan Eliasson, who was present at the ceremony, branded the attack “a deplorable act of violence, far removed from the spirit I felt at this dignified and solemn commemoration.” The White House and the Council of Europe also condemned the outbreak of violence.
 
Russian Foreign Ministry’s Human Rights Ombudsman Konstantin Dolgov noted that the Saturday attack on the Serbian delegation signifies that the peoples of former Yugoslavia have not yet reconciled their differences with one another.
“Politicized steps by the West in the United Nations are not helping this cause [of Yugoslavian reconciliation,]” Dolgov tweeted.
The ugly incident underscores the lingering divisions in the Balkans over the deadly wars of 1992-95, which claimed at least 135,000 lives. The Srebrenica massacre, in which up to 8,000 Bosnian Muslims were slaughtered by the forces of General Ratko Mladic, was a definitive episode of Serbian atrocities during the hostilities. A UN court defined it as genocide, but Serbia, while condemning the killings themselves, has never accepted the definition.
The division was highlighted earlier this week, when Serbia’s ally Russia vetoed a draft UN Security Council resolution. It sought to declare the Srebrenica massacre a genocide and condemn the denial of it, saying it would be counterproductive, citing a lack of consensus over the event in the Balkans. Moscow’s move was criticized by some UNSC members such as Britain, but Belgrade praised it, saying Russia prevented an attempt to smear Serbs as a genocidal people.

NAWAZUDDIN PROMOTED “BABUMOSHAI BANDOOKBAAZ” IN DELHI ALONG WITH THE CAST! AUGUST 19, 2017 LEAVE A COMMENT ON NAWAZUDDIN PROMOTED “BABUM...