Wednesday, October 24, 2012


Akshay Sharma is the first round leader in Jaipur

Jaipur, October 23, 2012: Akshay Sharma of Chandigarh shot a six-under-64 to take the first round lead in the fifth and final PGTI Feeder Tour event of the 2012 season being played at the Rambagh Golf Club in Jaipur. Vipul Darediya of Vadodara is in second place with a score of four-under-66.

Akshay Sharma’s round of 64 included seven birdies and a bogey. He had a terrific start to the tournament as he birdied the first three holes and then followed that up with another on the eighth to make the turn at four-under. The 22-year-old’s lone bogey of the day came on the 12th against the run of play. Sharma continued the good work thereafter as he collected birdies on the 14th, 17th and 18th.

Akshay said, “The magnificent start set up the round for me. I began with a 15-feet conversion on the first and then missed a hole-in-one by a whisker on the second. I hit it extremely close through the day. One of my best birdies came on the 17th where I landed my chip within a few inches of the pin. I had a good finish at the last PGTI event in Delhi in a very tough field. I have drawn a lot of confidence from that performance.”

Vipul Darediya with an eagle on the par-4 15th hole, six birdies and four bogeys was placed second at four-under-66.

Sanjeev Kumar of Lucknow and Wilson Raj D’Mello of Mumbai are in tied third place at three-under-67.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Competitiveness, climate, security Finn’s priorities Ministry of Finance release Finnish road map of EU presidency. Finland i...